Project Developer Industry
Interested in this position?
As part of its One Planet Plan, Eneco wants to make its customers more sustainable. To assist B2B customers with this as well, we are looking for a Project Developer Industry.
Renewable Energy Solutions identifies and develops projects through which we realise sustainable solutions for industrial B2B customers. We do this together with project developers in the Netherlands, UK and Germany. And with Strategy, B2B, Eneco Energy Trade and various other specialists within and outside our company. We create reliable and scalable technical solutions for challenging issues that fit within the economic reality of our customers, Eneco and society. With these projects, we prove Eneco's role as a pioneer of the energy transition and strive towards our One Planet objective 2035: net zero emission scope 1, 2 and 3.
Where will you work?
Within the business unit AD&R (asset development & realization), you will be working at RES (renewable energy solutions). RES Belgium is in start-up phase and is responsible for the development of assets in renewable generation, conversion and storage of heat and electricity other than solar and wind.
RES Belgium can rely on the Dutch RES team, which consists of 12 people and will continue to grow during 2022-2023. Although as a developer you work on your own projects, there is a strong team spirit and a lot of collaboration and mutual support and learning from each other.
You will report directly to the head of RES Belgium.
Wat will you do?
Develop complex energy projects to deliver the next phase of the energy transition.
In this role, you will work on setting up new projects that fit our ambitions and those of our stakeholders. You will specialise in developing assets to meet the high-temperature heat demand of industrial customers in a sustainable way. We work with available technologies and look at innovative applications for production, conversion and storage. RES is constantly looking for new opportunities for applications of (nearly) mature technologies to take the energy transition one step further.
As Project Developer, you are responsible for the development of projects from lead to feasibility phase and finally investment decision. You lead these projects in collaboration with colleagues and external partners who assist you with design, permit, business case, subsidy, and contracts to move towards a final investment decision. In addition, you are the face of Eneco to your customers and network in the industry.
Your projects have a direct impact in the energy transition. Some examples of RES projects are: E-boilers, heat pumps, shore power, battery storage, hydrogen,…
You will be responsible for:
- Initiating, developing and bringing to investment decision complex renewable energy projects within the industry;
- Further developing propositions for industry sustainability together with the rest of the industry team;
- Negotiating and concluding agreements for collaborations with industrial clients, public parties, suppliers and/or other commercial parties;
- Maintaining and building relevant contacts with customers, business partners and research institutions or sector organizations.
What we expect from you
- Engineering back-ground with solid technical skills combined with a broader interest in financial, commercial, regulatory and legal aspects.
- You know your way around on an industrial site and have experience in an industry setting (process, utilities, ...)
- A transparent and team-oriented working attitude with a strong focus on team result;
- You can quickly master new environments and situations;
- You have vision, focus, guts and execution power;
- You have experience with project development and are a able to get the job done. This enables you to achieve the intended objectives in an increasingly fast-changing organization;
- You have a strong independent and entrepreneurial approach: you are always looking for opportunities and are able to capitalize on them;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of energy-industry;
- Analytically strong: you quickly understand the important (financial) parameters in complex projects and are able to optimize them;
- Excellent representative and communication skills: you are approachable and amiable, can present convincingly and convey complex messages in a comprehensible and enthusiastic manner.
- You’re native French or Dutch speaking; very good commands of English, oral & written.
We offer you more than a salary
A permanent employment contract
We aim for sustainable cooperation. You will be working in a pleasant environment with an enthusiastic and close team.
An attractive salary
Good work should also be rewarded. On top of your attractive salary you will receive extra nice benefits.
The required support.
You're not on your own with Eneco. Need help? We'll give you the right tools, training, etc. Everyting you need to take on the challenges.
The Renewable (Wind) Energy sector which is in full expansion and transition towards a greener and cleaner future. A professional, motivating & dynamic company with ample room for personal development. An SME atmosphere, in a structured group. Best of both worlds
You work 40% at the office, 40% at home and 20% at your choice, at home or at the office.
In this way we ensure less CO2 emissions and a better life balance.
Ben je overtuigd dat jij en Eneco een ideale match zijn? Dat staan we te popelen om jouw cv en motivatiebrief te ontvangen! Hoe lang de sollicitatieprocedure zal duren, hangt een beetje af van de functie. In ieder geval zijn wij een voorstander om je niet te lang te laten wachten op feedback. Wij willen snel schakelen.
- Uitdagende functie gezien?
- Ben je enthousiast om deel uit te maken van Eneco?
2. Gesprek met onze Recruiter
- Wat weet je al over Eneco en wat wil je nog te weten komen?
- Kan je jezelf vinden in de waarden van Eneco?
3. Gesprek met de Hiring Manager
- Ben jij geknipt voor deze job en pas jij in het team?
- Waaraan hecht jij belang in een professionele omgeving? Laten we even samenzitten om onze bevindingen te delen.
5. Welkom bij Eneco!
- Samen gaan we voor een duurzame samenwerking!