Operations Manager - Offshore Wind (Ostend, Belgium)
Interested in this position?
- Responsible for safe Operations & Maintenance of the Borssele windfarms III-IV and V
- Opportunity to work with the newest generation offshore windfarm
- Fast changing business, leaving much room for growth
Do you change with us?
Eneco is a company with international operations in the area of sustainable energy and innovation. With its One Planet plan Eneco is taking an important and ambitious step in becoming climate neutral in 2035 together with its customers. We invest in wind farms, district heating and solar parks in order to increase the supply of renewable energy. Furthermore, we develop innovative products and services that allow our clients take control over the manner in which they generate, store, use or share energy. Offshore Wind makes an important contribution to Eneco's ambition to further scale up its sustainable energy production.
Offshore wind is characterized by lightning-fast development of technology as well as changing market conditions and regulations. Eneco's offshore portfolio currently consists of 6 wind farms, Prinses Amaliawindpark, Luchterduinen, Blauwwind, Norther and Seamade are operational and Crosswind will be completed in 2023. Further growth will come from our development of new offshore wind farms in Northwest Europe. The Asset Management & Operations team makes an important contribution to continuous improvement based on its knowledge and experience.
The Borssele III-IV and V offshore windfarms have a total installed capacity of 750 MW and are fully operational since January 2021. These Dutch windfarms serviced are from Ostend where also the Eneco Asset Management & Operations team for this cluster is based.
Where are you going to work?
A dedicated Borssele team resides in our office located at the REBO terminal in Ostend next to the quayside. The asset owner team holds office in Rotterdam.
The Borssele team is part of the Offshore Wind department, which also consists of WTG team, BOP team, asset analysts, HSE and ecology specialists. These teams are located in IJmuiden and Rotterdam. You will report directly to the head of operations wind department.
Eneco has introduced a new office policy: 40% of the week at the office, 40% working from home and 20% flexible.
What are you going to do?
Improving the performance and costs of the windfarm while maintaining an acceptable risk profile.
In this position you are responsible for the Wind Turbine (WTG) scope and Balance of Plant (BoP) scope of the Borssele windfarms. Your result areas are safety & compliance, operational performance (availability & production) of the windfarm and financial performance. You act as a single point of contact towards the project director of the windfarm.
You are responsible for:
- Safe operation of the windfarm, contribute to pro-active safety culture.
- Coordinate activities of WTG team in Ostend and BoP team in IJmuiden.
- Ensure that all warranties and entitlements under the supply agreements are used to their capacity;
- Ensure that all assets and work activities adhere to the applicable permits.
- Support contract management and commercial management of the project;
- Initiate annual owner’s inspections and follow-up;
- Perform statistical trend analysis of the production disruption causes as well as the maintenance and inspection activities.;
- Discuss with maintenance suppliers any observed deviations and request evidence;
- Monthly reporting related to HSEQ, production, WTG availability and reliability, maintenance progress and review of the availability imbalance (PPA);
- Preparing an operational year plan as basis for the annual business plan of the consortium;
- Validation of performed services of the maintenance invoices;
- Risk management according to set frameworks.
- The Ostend office facilities and the wellbeing of team members working there.
What do you bring?
You can quickly master your new environments and situations. You have focus, attention to detail and execution power. This allows you to achieve the intended objectives in an ever-changing environment. You are focused on continuous improvement and change and you are entrepreneurial and commercially driven.
- Master degree or equivalent level of education, general engineering or technical qualification;
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the energy sector, of which preferably 4 years working for an asset owner.
- Strong team player, collaborating and connecting people;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing English and Dutch;
- Experience within contract management
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative;
We offer you more than a salary
A permanent employment contract
We aim for sustainable cooperation. You will be working in a pleasant environment with an enthusiastic and close team.
An attractive salary
Good work should also be rewarded. On top of your attractive salary you will receive extra nice benefits.
The required support.
You're not on your own with Eneco. Need help? We'll give you the right tools, training, etc. Everyting you need to take on the challenges.
Informal and agile work atmosphere consisting of various smaller dedicated teams with a good balance between professional & private life
You work 40% at the office, 40% at home and 20% at your choice, at home or at the office.
In this way we ensure less CO2 emissions and a better life balance.
Ben je overtuigd dat jij en Eneco een ideale match zijn? Dat staan we te popelen om jouw cv en motivatiebrief te ontvangen! Hoe lang de sollicitatieprocedure zal duren, hangt een beetje af van de functie. In ieder geval zijn wij een voorstander om je niet te lang te laten wachten op feedback. Wij willen snel schakelen.
- Uitdagende functie gezien?
- Ben je enthousiast om deel uit te maken van Eneco?
2. Gesprek met onze Recruiter
- Wat weet je al over Eneco en wat wil je nog te weten komen?
- Kan je jezelf vinden in de waarden van Eneco?
3. Gesprek met de Hiring Manager
- Ben jij geknipt voor deze job en pas jij in het team?
- Waaraan hecht jij belang in een professionele omgeving? Laten we even samenzitten om onze bevindingen te delen.
5. Welkom bij Eneco!
- Samen gaan we voor een duurzame samenwerking!