Eneco is a medium size utility company active in the production and the delivery of energy from renewable production sources such as solar4, wind and biomass. Eneco is active in Belgium since 2003. The group has three businesses in Belgium: the supply organisation supplying more than 35.000 companies and 1.000.000 private customers with green electricity and gas, the solar division, the leading solar power operator in the Belgian market and Eneco Wind Belgium a major player in the wind sector in Belgium, with offices in Wavre and Mechelen. Eneco Wind Belgium has around 100 wind turbines onshore in service and is involved in one of the largest offshore wind power plants in the Belgian territorial waters.
As part of the Dutch group Eneco, Eneco Wind Belgium SA develops, builds and operates wind farms in Belgium, in Flanders and in Wallonia. To date, Eneco Wind Belgium operates 100 wind turbines.
In order to sustain our expansion, we are recruiting an Investment Analyst.
Interested in this position?
As part of the Finance team, you will be responsible for the financial soundness of new investments. In first instance you will be more focused on wind turbines. You will have a coordinating role in ensuring that financial information remains sound along their whole lifecycle and that the hypotheses you use rely on solid data. You will work in close collaboration with the development teams and the other members of the Finance team. Your tasks and duties will be related to:
- Be the single point of contact for the business plans of projects in development. You will make sure that investment decisions are made with a high level of confidence in the financial information;
- Assisting the development teams with all finance-related questions about their projects;
- Coordinate transition of business plan information within the company, to make sure that the Construction team and Accounting team work with correct project financials;
- Signing off business cases at Decision Gates;
- Make sure that the used set of tools stays relevant, by updating them with the latest information regarding cost price levels, market evolutions etc.;
- Follow up evolutions in Flanders and Wallonia support legislation;
- Assist in the annual budget process;
- Participate in a wide range of ad-hoc projects, which can be but not limited to look-back analyses, decision making on project repowering versus extensions, acquisitions, TCO analyses of assets…
- You are driven by the energy transition and willing to make a difference by actively participating in renewable energy development;
- You have a good sense for figures: you don’t worry being called a number cruncher. In fact, you even like it!
- You will be part of a small but growing team, with a very informal work culture. You don’t mind working in an environment with few processes and procedures. As a consequence, you will need to be structured, proactive and show an entrepreneurial spirit if you want to achieve your goals;
- You are a team player: supportive, respectful when working with other team members and not afraid of taking a pivotal role in projects and on the go enlarge your internal network;
- You have a good knowledge of French, Dutch and English;
Qualifications / Experience
- Ideally, a first professional experience where financial analysis has been part of it. Recent graduates are also welcome to apply if they can demonstrate relevant knowledge thanks to the obtained degree or internships;
- Experience in the energy sector or a capital-intensive industry is a plus, but not a requirement;
- Strong IT skills, mostly Microsoft Office suite and especially Excel. Any knowledge of programming languages (VBA, R, Python) is a plus;
- You are able to alternate between our Wavre (primarily) and Mechelen offices – assuming a ‘back to normal’ office situation in post-Covid times.
- Sector in strong development but in a challenging environment
- Professional, motivating & flexible working environment
- Informal atmosphere in a small team of approx. 30 people allowing balance between professional and private life
Ben je overtuigd dat jij en Eneco een ideale match zijn? Dat staan we te popelen om jouw cv en motivatiebrief te ontvangen! Hoe lang de sollicitatieprocedure zal duren, hangt een beetje af van de functie. In ieder geval zijn wij een voorstander om je niet te lang te laten wachten op feedback. Wij willen snel schakelen.
- Uitdagende functie gezien?
- Ben je enthousiast om deel uit te maken van Eneco?
2. Gesprek met onze Recruiter
- Wat weet je al over Eneco en wat wil je nog te weten komen?
- Kan je jezelf vinden in de waarden van Eneco?
3. Gesprek met de Hiring Manager
- Ben jij geknipt voor deze job en pas jij in het team?
- Waaraan hecht jij belang in een professionele omgeving? Laten we even samenzitten om onze bevindingen te delen.
5. Welkom bij Eneco!
- Samen gaan we voor een duurzame samenwerking!