Financial Controller Renewable Energy
The group has three businesses in Belgium:
- the supply organisation supplying more than 35.000 companies and 1.000.000 private customers with green electricity and gas,
- the solar division, the leading solar power operator in the Belgian market and,
- Eneco Wind Belgium, major player in the wind sector in Belgium, with offices in Wavre and Mechelen. EWB has 98 wind turbines in service and is involved in wind offshore, constructing one of the largest offshore wind power plants in the Belgian territorial waters.
Information about Eneco Wind
Eneco Wind Belgium SA (EWB) develops, builds and operates wind farms in Belgium, in Flanders and in Wallonia. Up to day, Eneco Wind Belgium operates 98 wind turbines.
Due to the growth of the company and increasing reporting requirements by the Eneco Group, we want to strengthen the finance team. We like to recruit a Senior Financial Controller full time.
Your main responsibility is the monthly reporting and analysis of all legal entities (26) of EWB, including reporting to local management and Eneco Group, based on BE GAAP and IFRS. Furthermore you will be responsible for the preparation of the (half) year reporting packs to the Eneco Group. Together with the business, you will prepare the 5 year strategic plans and translate these into budgets.
As finance function representative in our partnerships, you will participate in meetings, thus helping to safeguard the performance of our investments.
At EWB, you will help the finance manager with realization of the finance function improvement program, like optimization of accounting processes, accounting systems and improvement of management information systems, in line with Group requirements. The total finance team consists of 8 people.
Your experience allows you to work independently. Your central office will be Wavre but you will also regularly meet colleagues in Mechelen, Oostende or Rotterdam.
Summary of main responsibilities:
- Monthly reporting and analysis to Eneco group and local management
- Preparation of (half) year pack and coordination of statutory audits with accountants
- Preparation of Annual budgets and 5 years strategic plans, challenging the business
- Analyst for our partnership investments, challenging the performance of our investments + ensuring timely reporting to Eneco by these partnerships
- Coordination with Eneco Group Control and Financial Shared Service centre as well as Solar & Wind Business Unit
- Supporting and executing the finance improvement plans
- Cash flow planning, Insurance portfolio
- Control of the invoicing process (monthly/quarterly)
- University / Master in Finance or management
- Finance background, knowledge of Belgium Gaap and IFRS
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar function or audit environment.
- Experience with reporting to an (international) group and knowledge of SAP-BPC is an asset
- Strong analytical skills, accurate
- Solution driven, can do mentality, pragmatic, like to take up challenges and are not afraid of bearing responsibilities
- Good communication skills, team player, flexible
- Meeting deadlines
- You are multitasking and stress-resistant
- You have strong affinities with jobs impacting the environment
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint
- You are accurate and have a high degree of professionalism
- You are open to work in a small structure and ready to adopt the Eneco strong corporate values
- Native Dutch or French, bilingual French-Dutch and good command of English are required
- Sector in strong development but in a challenging environment
- Professional, motivating & flexible work environment
- Informal atmosphere in a small team of approx. 30 people allowing work-life balance
Ben je overtuigd dat jij en Eneco een ideale match zijn? Dat staan we te popelen om jouw cv en motivatiebrief te ontvangen! Hoe lang de sollicitatieprocedure zal duren, hangt een beetje af van de functie. In ieder geval zijn wij een voorstander om je niet te lang te laten wachten op feedback. Wij willen snel schakelen.
- Uitdagende functie gezien?
- Ben je enthousiast om deel uit te maken van Eneco?
2. Gesprek met onze Recruiter
- Wat weet je al over Eneco en wat wil je nog te weten komen?
- Kan je jezelf vinden in de waarden van Eneco?
3. Gesprek met de Hiring Manager
- Ben jij geknipt voor deze job en pas jij in het team?
- Waaraan hecht jij belang in een professionele omgeving? Laten we even samenzitten om onze bevindingen te delen.
5. Welkom bij Eneco!
- Samen gaan we voor een duurzame samenwerking!