Chief Technical Officer Renewable Energy
Eneco is market a leader in the utility sector, active in the production and the delivery of gas and electricity coming from renewable energies such as sun, wind and biomass. Eneco is active in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the United Kingdom.
The group has three businesses in Belgium:
the supply organisation supplying more than 35.000 companies and 1.000.000 private customers with green electricity and gas,
- the solar division, the leading solar power operator in the Belgian market and,
- Eneco Wind Belgium, major player in the wind sector in Belgium, with offices in Wavre and Mechelen. EWB has 98 wind turbines in service and is involved in wind offshore, constructing one of the largest offshore wind power plants in the Belgian territorial waters.
More information about Eneco Wind
Eneco Wind Belgium SA (EWB) is part of the Dutch group Eneco since 2008.
Eneco Wind Belgium SA develops, builds and operates wind farms in Belgium, in Flanders and in Wallonia. Up to day, Eneco Wind Belgium operates 98 wind turbines.
We are recruiting a new CTO:
- leader of the team Operation-Construction,
- member of the management team of Eneco Wind Belgium,
- responsible for the contracting with suppliers,
- technical expert in wind projects.
Apart from your technical skills, you are a leader for your team with high level of autonomy. You are a constructive member of the management team and familiar with large scale projects in an area in constant evolution. You report to the CEO and you are the technical reference person within our organisation.
- People management:
- management of the construction (4FTE) and operation (5FTE) teams
- workload, fix objectives and set priorities
- interface with the management team
- Technical advisor:
- to the projects developments (wind resources assessments, turbine choice, etc.)
- to the decision processes
- capex and opex budget preparation
- support the safety advisor to enhance the Eneco’s safety culture
- alignment with the Safety Advisor:
- negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors
- interface with Eneco Corporate
- follow-up procurement tender processes (EU regulation)
- project planning
- contracts follow-up (foundations, civil works, substations/cabling, Seco, design, …)
- CAPEX follow-up
- operational projects follow-up
- Community engagement
- You have a master degree in engineering
- Native Dutch or French, bilingual French-Dutch and good command of English are required
- You have a proven track record in large scale (10 to 40 million€) construction project management
- You have a good knowledge of the wind sector
- Safety is for you a high priority
- You have relevant managerial experience in the field of energy
- You are solution driven, like to take up challenges and are not afraid of bearing high responsibilities
- You are cost conscious, able to establish budgets and deliver projects on time and on budget
- You have good communication and negotiation skills
- You have strong collaboration and delegation skills
- You are multitasking and stress-resistant
- You have strong affinities with jobs impacting the environment
- You are accurate and have a high degree of professionalism
- You are a good team player and you are respectful
- You are organised, methodologic, pragmatic and solutions oriented
- You are open to work in a small structure and ready to adopt the Eneco strong corporate values
- You are flexible
- Sector in strong development but in a challenging environment
- Professional, motivating & flexible work environment
- Informal atmosphere in a small team of approx. 30 people allowing work-life balance
Ben je overtuigd dat jij en Eneco een ideale match zijn? Dat staan we te popelen om jouw cv en motivatiebrief te ontvangen! Hoe lang de sollicitatieprocedure zal duren, hangt een beetje af van de functie. In ieder geval zijn wij een voorstander om je niet te lang te laten wachten op feedback. Wij willen snel schakelen.
- Uitdagende functie gezien?
- Ben je enthousiast om deel uit te maken van Eneco?
2. Gesprek met onze Recruiter
- Wat weet je al over Eneco en wat wil je nog te weten komen?
- Kan je jezelf vinden in de waarden van Eneco?
3. Gesprek met de Hiring Manager
- Ben jij geknipt voor deze job en pas jij in het team?
- Waaraan hecht jij belang in een professionele omgeving? Laten we even samenzitten om onze bevindingen te delen.
5. Welkom bij Eneco!
- Samen gaan we voor een duurzame samenwerking!